Author, Speaker, and National Geographic Adventurer of the Year
Heather seeks to tell not simply the tales of adventure she has lived, but also the transcendent life lessons a deep connection with the natural world has given her. Her vast wilderness experiences have provided a deep well from which to draw on in her writings and presentations, deftly weaving together adventure stories with meaningful life lessons.
The most rewarding trail has been from record setting hiker to author and professional speaker. Now, she inspires people to live life to the fullest with mindfulness and courage by weaving together stories of challenge with lessons learned deftly on the page and in person.
SelectEd Speaking Engagements
• TEDX Napa
• US Embassy; Slovakia and Cech Republic
• National Association of Women in Construction
• Washington State Hospital Association
• Michigan Technological University
Books by Heather
• Thirst: 2600 Miles to Home 2019
• Mud, Rocks, Blazes: Letting Go on the Appalachian Trail 2021
• Adventure Ready: A Hiker’s Guide to Planning, Training, and Resiliency co-authored with Katie Gerber 2022
Books By Heather Anderson